Carbs That Burn Fat; Too Good To Be True?
That's some title huh? Well I had to do something to get you to stop scrolling endlessly through your feed. But in all seriousness, this is not BS.
The title eludes to some magical food that the more you eat the more you get ripped. Well unfortunately that's not how it works and most likely will never be true unless genetically modified foods really have a quantum leap forward in human application.
No, what I'm getting at is the fact that most of you, since you clicked on this article, are all eating the wrong types of carbs. There are carbs that cause your body to store fat, and there are carbs that PREVENT your body from spiking insulin which leads to fat storage. Thus indirectly promoting the usage of your own stored fat for fuel. For those of you who don't know what I am talking about, it is called the Glycemic Index. Now for fitness experts, gym rats and exercise junkies, they probably already know all about this. However, for you, the average person who has literally "tried it all" this is going to be ground breaking for you.
Let's go over the simple parameters first.
- TOTAL CALORIES IN VS TOTAL CALORIES OUT STILL MATTERS AND MUST BE THE UMBRELLA UNDER WHICH YOU APPLY THE FOLLOWING RULES
- THE GLYCEMIC INDEX IS A MEASURE OF HOW MUCH A CERTAIN FOOD SPIKES YOUR INSULIN LEVELS BASED ON HOW FAST IN DIGESTS IN THE GUT.
- INSULIN WILL THEN DRIVE THE GLUCOSE (SIMPLE SUGAR IN THE BLOOD) INTO THE BODY'S CELLS THAT ARE READY FOR AN INFLUX OF CALORIES. (which if you are most likely sitting down, will be to your brain and then fat cells, and your brain doesn't need a whole lot of glucose to keep functioning normally, so that penne pasta and chicken you had for lunch will most certainly make you fat, WITHIN MINUTES)
- THERE ARE TWO TYPES OF CARBS (for the most part) we should be aware of. High Glycemic and Low Glycemic
- Low Glycemic is the good kind
- Substituting all the carbs in your day with a low glycemic option will 100% lead to fat loss over a slow and steady amount of time. Add in strength training and cardio and you will have a recipe for SCORCHING that fat right off.
So how does one know the difference between low glycemic and high glycemic carbs? Well there's no other way than the good old fashioned method of reading and learning. You're going to have to google and look up a chart of foods and their glycemic index. Luckily this is available anywhere online for free. The standard measure of the GI (GLYCEMIC INDEX) is 0-100. With common table sugar having a rating of 100. Thus, no we can see begin to see why sugar, makes you instantly FAT, EVERY TIME. Not some of the time. You can't "just have one" muffin and not except to store most of that sugar as fat. Fuck that Muffin.
Foods with a 0-55 rating on the glycemic index is considered low and very healthy for you. This will provide a slow consistent steady stream of blood sugar because it digests more slowly in the gut and enters the blood stream at a slower and manageable pace.
Foods with a 56-75 rating is considered "medium glycemic". I recommend these are only had ONCE in a while, perhaps one serving a day either in the morning or immediately after a workout
Foods with a 76-100 rating is considered "high glycemic" and will, without a doubt make you fat. These foods only have a place in an athletes diets for maximizing performance and the timing of said carbohydrates are crucial. Some fruits are high glycemic but so how in water and so low in actual grams of carbs and calories that they are still okay. However the knowledge must be there as to how many total calories and grams of carbs you need per day. I recommend working with a trainer or a nutritionists if you are completely new to diet and exercise.
This is a good place to start reading
Here is a chart of 100 common food items and their glycemic Index
Also, you can pretty much google any food item you need to and look up their GI.
So remember. Stop eating HIGH GI foods now. Switch to low GI foods and keep in mind that this is a total switch of eating habits. Soon enough you will see the fat come off little by little!
If you enjoyed my article, the no-nonsense and practical approach to fat loss then buy my book, "You're Not Fat, You're Just Doing it Wrong"
available now on Amazon!
Заказать прогон хрумером
Качественный прогон Хрумером