The Top 10 Things That Actually Happen After You Make A New Year's Resolution To Lose Weight
According to http://www.statisticbrain.com/new-years-resolution-statistics/ in 2014, 38% of people who made a New Year’s Resolution made one in some way shape or form to “lose weight”, “get in shape” or just lose 5 to 10lbs. Think about that, almost 4 out of every 10 of you who made one this year made one because you are not happy with your current weight.
So, how’s it going? Are you still on the plan? Have you “slipped up”? Are you completely off the wagon? Or even worse, did you never even start?!
Chances are 1 of these 10 things have actually happened
- You never even made it out to the gym, you have yet to do a crunch
- You joined a gym Jan 2nd!! (after recovering from that hang over first of course). You still haven’t gone back.
- You bought an entire wardrobe of gym clothes, which you wear to run errands on the weekends
- You bought a membership to Costco or Sam’s Club to really start stocking up on healthy food and budgeting better. However for some strange reason you always end up leaving with an insane amount of soda, garbage bags, toilet paper and liquor…what happened to all the veggies and fish you uh “forgot” to buy?
- You only go to the gym when your friends can meet you there, I mean, who else are you going to “hang out” with?
- You realized you don’t want big muscles and cancelled your membership
- You have been actually going, but now realized you are only doing the same old boring treadmill every single time you go. You’re starting to get sick of it, but don’t know what else to do.
- You think the staff of personal trainers are annoying with their ripped six packs and perfectly shaped glutes and have decided you hate them and stop going altogether, instead when you should be asking them for much help as possible.
- Your “gym” is unfortunately a PLANET FITNESS….RUN AWAY..RUN NOW!! You may actually get results..
- None of your friends are being supportive and you’re giving in to their negativity…
STOP RIGHT THERE!!!
All of these things just listed are actually called OBSTACLES, EXCUSES, CHALLENGES AND OR RESULTS KILLERS…….
But here is the good news. You don’t need a stupid holiday which is just an arbitrary date on the calendar to LOSE WEIGHT OR GET IN SHAPE…You just need one thing..
ACTION….MASSIVE, DECISIVE IN YOUR FACE, I DON’T CARE WHAT ANYBODY THINKS ACTION.
Whether you need to get mad or get glad, figure out your state of mind in which you are most effective and start planning your fitness comback/journey now.
REMEMBER THE 3 COMPONENTS OF FITNESS
Its never too late to start being fit for the rest of your life! Now pick yourself up, stop feeling hopeless (because that’s annoying and doesn’t do anybody any good) and get your ass in shape!